1. What personal information is collected from me?
- IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous;
- Computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform;
- Purchase history;
- The full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from this Site, including date and time;
- Cookie number; and
- Web pages and/or products you viewed or searched for.
2. How does Company collect my information?
We may place Internet cookies on your hard drive. Internet cookies are small files that may be placed on your hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies are used to:
- Remind us of who you are in order to deliver you better service;
- Estimate our audience size by determining repeat usage of the Site to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior;
- Track your progress and entries in promotions, sweepstakes and contests, if any; and
- Measure certain traffic patterns for use as a research tool to understand how our users’ habits are similar or different from one another.
- You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. By not accepting cookies, some web pages of the Site may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
- We may also employ web beacons (also called “single-pixel GIFs”), which are customized links or similar technologies, when sending you newsletters or promotional emails. Web beacons allow us to:
- Determine whether you have opened, or acted upon, a promotional email and which links you have clicked on in order to deliver to you more focused email communications and other information;
- Allow us to count the number of users who have visited certain web pages and effectively deliver co-branded services; and
- Enable us to compile aggregated statistics and determine the efficacy of promotions by using web beacons from third parties, without allowing such third parties to use web beacons on the Site to collect or access your personal information.
3. How is my information used?
4. What does “opt out” mean?
To “opt out” means that you have notified us that we no longer have permission to use your information for a particular purpose. For example, when we send you information on a new product, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future.
5. Who is collecting my information?
6. With whom does Company share my information?
We may share the personal data you provide or the information gathered by us to any party with your consent or, in any event, to our subsidiaries, agents, contractors and our business partners. We may also share information with the following groups:
- Businesses which we do not control but with which it engages in co-branded offerings or other transactions;
- Third-party service providers in order to facilitate the performance of only those functions which are assigned to them, such as order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing assistance, provision of search results and links, credit card payment processing, and customer service; and
- Entities with which we may merge or which may acquire all or substantially all of our assets, as customer information likely will be one of the transferred assets.
In addition, we believe it is necessary to share information in order to (i) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, and violations of the Terms of Service, (ii) respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, and (iii) establish or exercise our legal rights, or defend against legal claims, and as otherwise required by law. Except as provided in this policy or in the event of a merger, consolidation, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets, we will not share any of your information with any third party without your permission.
7. How do I access, update or delete my information?
You can request the individual information that we have collected about you, correct factual inaccuracies in your information, remove personal information from our databases and/or update your personal information through your account on this web site or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What else should I know about my privacy?
Third-party Web sites and services accessible through this Site have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. Please be careful and responsible online. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information through the transmission process, and any transmission by you of information is done at your own risk.
The Site is a general audience site. When a child between the ages of 13 to 18 attempts to register on the Site, he or she may register with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian. We will not contact children under the age of 18 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission. We do not ask a child under the age of 18 for personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of 18.
We use our best efforts to protect your personal information and, to that end, uses tools such as encryption, passwords, and physical security to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no web site can be absolutely secure, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain absolutely private.
11. Other legal notices.
12. Notice to California Residents.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. This applies only to our activities within the State of California. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.