It’s that time of the year when the sun sets sooner, the leaves begin to fall, and the fall cinema lineups start to roll in for the beloved moviegoers (and home movie-streamers). Movies are very special to us as a collective because stories give us an opportunity to imagine, explore, and experience different things. They allow you to laugh and to cry or to see cool animations and action scenes on screen. Even better, they grant you the chance to see your favorite actors in a new role or in an anticipated sequel. Whatever it is that you like, this fall is sure to provide something that you want to watch that will cover your chosen movie genre—whether it be comedy, drama, romcoms, action, or horror. The fall is coming in hot with some really great movies on Netflix and in theaters featuring Black actors that you love to support on the big screen.
Here are six new films gracing your screen this fall that will be sure to provide you some Black excellence and entertainment:
Entergalactic (Sept 30th) on Netflix
- Genre: Animation|Comedy|Music
- Starring: Kid Cudi (voice), Jessica Williams (voice), Laura Harrier (voice), and Ty Dolla $ign (voice)
- Synopsis: Jabari, a charming, streetwear-clad artist on the cusp of real success. After a chance run-in with his cool new photographer neighbor, Meadow, Jabari has to figure out whether he can make space for love in his life.
The Curse of Bridge Hollow (October 14th) on Netflix
- Genre: Adventure|Comedy|Family
- Starring: Marlon Wayans, Priah Ferguson, and Kelly Rowland
- Synopsis: A teenage girl, who accidentally releases an ancient and mischievous spirit on Halloween which causes decorations to come alive and wreak havoc, must team up with the last person she’d want to in order to save their town – her father!
Black Adam (October 21st)
- Genre: Action|Fantasy|Sci-Fi
- Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Aldis Hodge, and Pierce Brosnan
- Synopsis: Nearly 5,000 years after he was bestowed with the almighty powers of the Egyptian gods-and imprisoned just as quickly-Black Adam is freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash his unique form of justice on the modern world.
Till (October 27th)
- Genre: Drama
- Starring: Danielle Deadwyler, Jalyn Hall, Whoopi Goldberg, and Sean Patrick Thomas
- Synopsis: In 1955, after Emmett Till is murdered in a brutal lynching, his mother vows to expose the racism behind the attack while working to have those involved brought to justice.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November 11)
- Genre: Action|Adventure|Drama
- Starring: Angela Bassett, Tenoch Huerta, Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong’o, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke
- Synopsis: The nation of Wakanda is pitted against intervening world powers as they mourn the loss of their King T’Challa.
Devotion (November 23rd)
- Genre: Action|Drama|War
- Starring: Johnathan Majors, Glen Powell
- Synopsis: A pair of U.S. Navy fighter pilots risk their lives during the Korean War and become some of the Navy’s most celebrated wingmen.
Now, just fall back into your favorite position—either your favorite theater or your favorite couch/chair and get ready to watch some great movies this Fall Movie Season. I don’t think you will be disappointed.